Monday, January 3, 2011

Ringing in 2011 at the camper

Once again, we spent New Year's Eve at the camper.  This year it was just the four of us, Dave & I and Valerie & Mark, which was nice for a change.  We would have enjoyed the girls' company too of course, had they joined us, but Val's girls were working and mine had other plans.


Dave and I were first to arrive, around 2pm.  Dave shovelled a few paths in the snow, while I unpacked our pile o' food and also emptied the firepit so we could start a fire.  (The pit was full of snow and ice and frozen ashes...not much was going to burn in that!)
 


Dave surveying the fire (good thing we brought dry paper from home!)







I tried to sneak up on Dave for a candid shot of the two of us...I think it turned out remarkably good considering how hard he was trying to twist away from the camera! :)

 




Valerie and Mark landed a couple hours later...here they are, all cosy and full of good cheer! :)


The weather was relatively mild, so it was a wonderful winter evening to sit outside. 





I stuck the end of a stick into the fire until the end was glowing, let my inner child loose and spun it round and round to make circles and ribbons of light in the night...



 





I love this photo Valerie took of the sparks leaping off the fire...our own little fireworks display.  Another group of campers set off *real* fireworks, but in reality, they weren't as interesting as our bonfire!




Nearing the end of a wonderful and relaxing evening...enjoying the warmth of a roaring fire and the love of a best friend!

In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want.
~ Irish Toast

2 comments:

sandrac said...

Wow, Anne, I love your fire circles! And your commitment to winter camping, I'm too addicted to central heating, I'm afraid.

Trekcapri said...

Hi Anne, thank you so much for sharing your New Year Celebration with us. Looks like you had a lovely celebration rining in the New Year with your very special friends. And I'm very glad to hear that your inner child made her appearance. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...