Sunday, October 3, 2010

It Gets Better project

A friend recently posted a link to this video:



This particular part moved me to tears:
"If there are 14, 15 year olds, 13, 12 year olds, out there watching this video...what I'd love you to take away from it, really is that It Gets Better.  However bad it is now, it gets better and it can get great and it can get awesome, your life can be amazing.  But you have to tough this period of it out and you have to live your life so you're around for it to get amazing and it can and it will."

I showed the video to my own 14 year old.  I pray she finds some hope and strength knowing she is not alone in struggling with the social nightmare known as high school.

The It Gets Better youtube channel includes many other moving videos.  I am so thankful there are people in this world who are willing to share their own painful stories in an effort to help others.  The light of the world shines bright in their hearts.  Check out these sites as well: Make It Better, and Week of Action, which highlights events and actions that can be taken to help youth and adults work together to make schools safer for LGBT youth right now.

4 comments:

sandrac said...

What a great video!

barb cabot said...

Such an important message to get out to the masses of young people. Thank you for this. I will post to my facebook.

Debbie said...

I have been a long time follower of Dan Savage and a supporter of many causes he promotes. This is perhaps the most important of all. Thank you for posting to your blog. We all must take a stand against this type of discrimination.

Palma said...

Love your new blog! Thank you for posting this amazing video! I will be sharing it with many friends AND clients. WOW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...