Thursday, October 7, 2010

My heart stops when you smile...


Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born
I loved you
Before you were here an hour
I would die for you
This is the miracle of life.
- Maureen Hawkins



Moira and I heard this song - Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars - on the way home from the movies last night (Valerie and I played hookie from choir practice in order to hang out with the girls...because, well, sometimes that just feels like the thing to do.)

Chorus:
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
I said to Moira that I love this song because it makes me think of her...that my heart stops when she smiles.  Her reply: "that is so SO cheesy, mommy!"  I try... :)
 

2 comments:

Annie said...

Nothing wrong with cheesy!

Happy Friday!

barb cabot said...

It's wonderful that you can say this and that you feel this in your heart. No matter what Moira says inside it must touch her deeply. You are such a wonderful mommy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...